Co-Founder - Future of work and living
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsFounders
At Builders, we dream big and dare to turn our dreams into reality. Our studio's single most important goal is to build companies that solve daily challenges for the future of work and living. To achieve this, we rigorously follow a process of creating and operating B2B SaaS startups by internally generating, conceptualizing, and validating promising business ideas and finding the right co-founders to build impactful tech companies together.
Our companies are founded by two founders, a business and a technical founder. Then, our team acts as a third founder:
- 🎯 As a business founder, you'll lead and validate with your network the ideas we researched by focusing on defining and building out the brand, sales strategy and execution, network, product, and team.
- 🦾 The technical founder will lead the development of the first version of the software by focusing on building out the product, infrastructure, and team.
We're looking for a Business Founder to co-build a B2B SaaS company. We’ll help you launch the company following our venture-building playbook and with a solid team to fall back on.
While we provide you with coaching, structure, and guidance, your role will be to research, prototype, build-measure-learn, and pivot your way to a repeatable business model. Next, you'll focus on sales, marketing, team building, and everything else required to launch and grow the business.
When ready, your venture spins-out out the studio with fresh funds, a dedicated team, and your unique culture.
If you are interested in becoming one of our future founders, let's talk! 🥂
🎁 Our Future Founder Program
- Discovery phase (2 to 3 months)
As an Entrepreneur-in-Residence, discover and validate business opportunities together with the studio.
- Shape phase (2 to 3 months)
With our studio core team, you’ll build the prototype and brand strategy to conquer your beachhead market to find product-market fit ultimately.
This is where we’ll start looking for your Technical Co-founder.
- Create phase (6 to 8 months)
When we are successful, we’ll incorporate the company and get a 500K (50% studio core team) investment in tranches during a-12 months period.
You’ll also launch your product and expect to have your first paying customers.
- Scale phase (6 to 8 months)
Keep iterating on successes, securing loyal customers and partners and building a spin-out team, and securing A funding.
🎁 What you’ll get here
- Get personalized studio services from our experienced venture-building team (Marketing, Operations, People, Finance, Research, and Product).
- Get 1-to-1 coaching from our Founders and your future partners
- Benefit from the guidance of our global network of industry experts
- Get expert advice from our other founders, who know their way around startups.
- Compensation of 4,000 EUR per month during your residency, then 6,000 EUR after incorporation
- Make decisions together, we’re not your investor, we’re your co-founding team
- Find the perfect Technical Co-Founder through a thorough hiring process
- An infrastructure of tools to get things done: MacBook; Asana, Notion, and many more
- You’ll have fun with our team along the journey from spark to champagne
✅ What you’ll bring
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or product and preferably some international exposure.
- You are a startup founder, a serial entrepreneur, a product manager, or a senior sales leader
- You have strong experience in sales in a B2B SaaS environment
- You are passionate about building for the future of work and living
- You are a problem-solver, a proactive strategic thinker
- You have managed a team before and know how to coach people.
- You have a growth mindset and believe in the power of feedback
❣️ Hard requirements
- You have a European passport or a valid long-term visa for The Netherlands.
- Are you based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate on your own
- You can work full-time in our Rotterdam studio
- You are fluent in English
✨The process of becoming a founder
As our teams grow, we are trying to shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for our studio and ventures. Feel free to read our commitment statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and get a sneak peek of our culture ❤️.
The following steps are included in our hiring process:
- Resume and application form
- Phone screen with our Head of Talent
- Onsite interview or video interview with our Co-Founders
- Psychometric test
- Onsite personal pitch and Q&A with our Co-Founders
- Three-month Entrepreneur-in-Residence period
- The company is incorporated - congrats, you've become a founder! 🔥
Do you want to be part of the success story within our portfolio companies? Build with us!
Questions? Connect with Christian, our Head of Talent, firstname.lastname@example.org 🥂
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, or just for a quick hello.
Join our ventures
Are you looking for a great place to work, be challenged, and learn from other bright minds?