Future Founder (CEO) - HR Tech
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, NetherlandsFounders
At Builders, we dream big and dare to turn our dreams into reality. Our studio's single most important goal is to build companies that solve daily challenges for the future of work and living. To achieve this, we rigorously follow a process of creating and operating SaaS startups by internally generating, conceptualizing, and validating promising business ideas and finding the right co-founders to build powerful tech companies together.
Our companies are founded by two founders, a business and a technical founder. Then, our team acts as a third founder:
- 🎯 As a business founder, you'll lead and validate with your network the ideas we researched by focusing on defining and building out the brand, network, product, and team.
- 🦾 The technical founder will lead the development of the first version of the software by focusing on building out the product, infrastructure, and team.
We're looking for a Business Founder to co-build a new venture in HR Tech. You'll research, prototype, build-measure-learn, and pivot your way to a repeatable business model. Next, you'll focus on sales, marketing, team building, and everything else required to launch and grow the business. When ready, your venture spins-out out the studio with fresh funds, a dedicated team, and your unique culture.
If you are interested in becoming one of our future founders, let's talk! 🥂
🗣 What you’ll do
You will use our blueprint to build, measure, learn and pivot your way to a profitable and thriving company. Later, you'll assemble a dedicated team and define a unique company culture.
- You'll produce, update, and execute a business plan, including a budget and go-to-market strategy;
- You'll recruit staff members and guarantee personal development trajectories;
- You'll monitor the financials and overall performance of your company in relation to the objectives;
- You'll manage the sales and marketing of your software products.
Of course, there is more to do, but you don't have to do it alone. You'll be accompanied by a technical co-founder to take on this great challenge. Also, our studio team is available to support you during the first rough months.
✅ What you’ll bring
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience and preferably some international exposure.
- You have a strong network in the HR industry
- You are a startup founder, a serial entrepreneur, or a senior business leader (Director to C-level)
- You have previous experience selling a B2B SaaS product
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship (you'll know if you do) and can dream BIG
- You are a problem-solver, a proactive strategic thinker, and a pragmatist.
- You can formulate a strategy, translate it into actions and execute or delegate.
- You know how to deal with c-level management and boards.
- You have managed a team before and know how to coach people.
- You have a growth mindset and believe in the power of feedback
❣️ Hard requirements
- You have a European passport or a valid long-term visa for The Netherlands.
- You are based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate on your own
- You are able to work full time in our Rotterdam studio
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
🎁 What we'll offer you
In short, the opportunity to truly be an entrepreneur. You'll launch a company under controlled circumstances and with a solid foundation to fall back on. But that's not all:
- Solid compensation and meaningful equity.
- The opportunity to work with our ambitious and talented team of experts (Marketing, Operations, People, Finance, Strategy, and Product).
- No need to worry about fundraising early on.
- Get expert advice from our other founders, who know their way around startups.
- An inspiring workplace for you and your future team next to Rotterdam central station.
- Fun company events, Friday drinks, and awesome studio merchandise.
✨The process to become a founder
As our teams grow, we are making efforts to shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for our studio and ventures. Feel free to read our commitment statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and get a sneak peek of our culture ❤️.
We've come to realize that the founder profile we are looking for is scarce, and because of this, we designed a dedicated process to inform interested applicants as soon as possible if we continue with their process. Of course, we are eager to partner with the most talented minds in the field, but we are also looking for a mutual fit. The following steps are included in our hiring process:
- Resume and application form
- Phone screen with our Head of Talent
- Onsite interview or video interview with our Co-Founders
- Psychometric test
- Onsite personal pitch and Q&A with our Co-Founders
- Three-month Entrepreneur-in-Residence period
- The company is incorporated - congrats, you've become a founder! 🔥
Do you want to be part of the success story within our portfolio companies? Come build with us! Questions? Connect with Christian, our Head of Talent, email@example.com 🥂
Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, or just for a quick hello.
Join our ventures
Are you looking for a great place to work, be challenged, and learn from other bright minds?